Organic And Natural Facelift Alternatives
If you are thinking about giving your face a lift, you may want to try one of these organic and natural facelift options that can be used as an alternative to going under the knife.
Bee Venom Masks
One of the all-natural products being touted as a safe and organic facelift alternative is bee venom. This product is currently being used at certain spas and, and in some places, is even available over-the-counter. The product is made from real bee venom, although if you want to ensure that their specific product is organic, you should check out the ingredient list.
Basically, the bee venom is applied to the face just like a regular facial mask. After rubbing it onto the skin, the venom then stimulates the production of elastin and collagen. These substances help to give the face a smoother texture by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
For many individuals, bee venom could be a good alternative to injectable dermal fillers or Botox (to learn more about Botox, see Dangers And Benefits Of Botulinum Toxin). It’s not invasive and is made from a completely natural ingredient. Obviously, this product may not be suitable for those with a bee allergy. A similar mask can be made by placing stinging nettles in warm water then mixing them with honey and yogurt.
Some people swear by the positive effects that massage can have on your facial skin’s appearance. When doing it the right way, some people can achieve face-lifting effects just by using their own two hands or having someone else do the massaging for them. It’s simple, effective, inexpensive and – best of all – it is completely natural and can be done right at home.
Facial massage can help relax your facial muscles and improve your circulation, both of which can help reduce wrinkles and give you skin a smoother, firmer look (for similar tips on reducing wrinkles, check out 10 Ways To Reduce Wrinkles On Your Skin). Use the following steps to give yourself an all-natural facelift with a massage:
- To enable the massaging motions, use a natural face lotion or even a few dabs of olive oil for lubrication.
- Use the tips of your middle three fingers on each hand. Press down with firm pressure and move your fingertips in tiny circular motions. You’ll feel your skin rubbing against your facial muscles. Continue doing this for a few seconds on different locations all over the face.
- With your hand resting lightly on your face, press down with your middle three fingers on each hand and slide them across the face in an upward, downward or outward direction. You can also try a slower spiraling movement if that feels better to you.
- Pinch different areas of your face very lightly to increase circulation in those areas. Be especially delicate when pinching on the upper part of the face.
Try performing these massage techniques at least a few times a week to see increased smoothness and firmness in your skin. Though the results may not be long-lasting, this process is so simple that you might not mind doing it as a natural alternative to facelifts.
Many people may be able to achieve some of the effects of a facelift simply by working the muscles that support and shape their face. In many cases, an increase in muscle tone in the face can cause the skin to be tauter and firmer-looking, which can also help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on many areas of the face.
There are many benefits to doing facial exercises in order to achieve the results of a facelift. First, it’s very easy to do and can be done right in your own home. Secondly, it removes any of the risks that are associated with other types of facial cosmetic procedures, including infections or allergic reactions. Finally, it is completely non-invasive and totally natural and organic.
The following are some of the best facial exercises to try on various parts of the face in order to improve muscle tone and get younger, smoother skin:
- Cheeks: Take the three middle fingers of each hand and place them on your cheeks. Push your fingers in a downward motion on the cheeks while simultaneously raising your cheeks by smiling.
- Forehead: Put your index fingers just above your eyes, pressing down on the skin. While looking downwards, raise your eyebrows up. This helps firm the forehead.
- Lips: Firm your lips by sucking on your finger as hard as you can. Slowly remove your finger from your mouth while sucking, rest, then repeat.
- Chin: Tilt your head back until you’re looking at the ceiling. With your lips closed, push them forward into a round shape. Hold for a count of 20. This helps to keep a sleek jaw line and prevent a double chin.
Try these exercises regularly to slowly increase your muscle tone over time. This won’t produce instant results like a surgical facelift, but it may give you noticeable changes over a number of weeks or months.
If you’re looking for something more to help rejuvenate your skin, be sure to check with local spas or other beauty treatment providers if you’d rather have a professional perform similar treatments for you.