Do Male Enhancement Products Really Work?
You see ads for male enhancements all the time – on billboards, in magazines, on TV infomercials, etc. But have you have you ever wondered if these products really work? This article reveals the truth about male enhancement products.
Examples Of Male Enhancement Products
There are several different types of male enhancement products you can find on the market today. Some of the most popular include:
- Pills: These dietary supplements contain a mixture of vitamins, minerals, hormones or herbs that are intended to enlarge the penis.
- Lotions: Like male enhancement pills, these lotions contain a mixture of ingredients for penis enlargement.
- Pumps: These pumps use a vacuum mechanism to draw blood into the penis and cause it to swell. This creates a temporarily larger-looking penis.
- Stretching: This method involves a stretcher or extender that is attached to the penis in order to exert traction and lengthen the penis.
- Penile rings: These rings are placed around the shaft of the penis to increase size and, in some cases, to also help a man maintain an erection.
In addition to these products, there are also certain procedures and exercises used for male enhancement. These have not been proven to be effective and the long-term effects of such methods are unknown.
If you are considered using a male enhancement product, it’s important to look closely at the scientific evidence backing the product. In most cases, the endorsements for these products come solely from testimonials from customers or the sexual partners’ of customers. In addition, there may be questionable before-and-after photos as well a skewed data accompanying the advertisement. These are unreliable sources of information regarding the effectiveness of the product.
In addition, it’s important to consider the safety of the product and its potential effects on your health. Many of these have safety and health claims which have not yet been proved. In the case of dietary supplements, no Food and Drug Administration (FDA) evaluation is required before putting the product on the market. Just about all the packaging for male enhancement pills or lotions contains a sentence that reads like “These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).” This indicates that the products have not been proven to work and could potentially be harmful to your health. With vacuum pumps, stretching devices, exercises and surgery, it’s important to consider that these methods may cause damage to the elastic tissues in the penis and may compromise a man’s ability to maintain an erection in the future.
The Truth About Penis Size
One of the main reasons that men become interested in or try male enhancement products is the fear that their penis size is smaller than average or unsatisfactory for their partner. However, studies have found that many men who believe their penis is too small actually have a normal-sized penis. The following information is essential for men who are considered using male enhancement products:
- The average penis size is between 3 to 5 inches when not erect and 5 to 7 inches when erect.
- Penis is only considered to be abnormally small (a condition called micropenis) when it is less than 3 inches long when erect.
- Studies suggest that penis size is not a top priority for most women when choosing a mate. There is insufficient data at this point about how gay men perceive their partners’ penis size.
- Understanding a sexual partner’s desires is more likely to improve your sexual relationship than simply increasing the size of the penis.
Healthy And Safe Alternatives
As indicated by the information above, there are no proven methods for male enhancement, and many of these products are considered to be risky or unsafe. Therefore, it is safer to consider some healthy alternatives to improve your perception of your penis size. Some examples of safe and healthy alternatives to male enhancement products include:
- Get in shape. Being overweight or having a large belly can make your penis appear smaller. Lose extra fat and get in shape to help your penis appear larger.
- Trim your pubic hair. Having a lot of pubic hair at the base of the penis can obscure part of it and make it appear smaller. Keep your pubic hair trimmed for a larger appearance.
- Look in the mirror. Many men don’t spend much time in front of a mirror, particularly when they are naked. Consequently, their perception of their penis size may be skewed since a penis tends to appear smaller and shorter when viewed from above. Look in a mirror and you may find that your penis is larger than you think.
- Educate yourself. Learn about the average penis size and how it relates to satisfaction in the bedroom. Many men find out that they have a completely normal penis and that their sex life can be just as exciting without increasing its size.
- Talk to your partner. Many men are able to improve their sex life just by talking with their partner about needs, desires and preferences. You may find that penis enlargement isn’t necessary to improve your sexual relationships or to increase your self-confidence and satisfaction.
- See a therapist. If you find that you are significantly focused on feelings of inadequacy about your penis size, you may benefit from seeing a therapist to work through those issues.
Male enhancement products are enticing to many men, but the fact is that these products tend to be unsafe and may pose certain health risks. Try the alternatives listed above to improve your perception about your penis size instead of turning to male enhancement products.