5 Ways To Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
Over time, the body can retain toxins that may interfere with natural processes like digestion. These toxins can turn up in the liver, and many people believe that using a detoxifying diet can remove those very toxins. These diets, which are often called "cleanses," can be a great way to feel better and to keep your body in good health. This article describes the benefits of naturally cleansing your liver as well as specific detoxifying diets that you can follow.
Benefits Of A Natural Cleanse
There are many purported benefits of doing a natural liver cleanse. By removing the toxins in the liver, it can cause a decrease in uncomfortable conditions like nausea, fatigue or headaches. Many people also believe that it can improve the digestive, gastrointestinal or lymph systems in the body. Natural liver cleanses may also help alleviate some of the symptoms associated with certain chronic diseases and health conditions, such as asthma, fibromyalgia, allergies, diabetes, depression, acid reflux and high cholesterol. Additionally, getting rid of toxins in the body may help to distribute nutrients throughout the body more efficiently, get rid of old blood cells and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
There are specific reasons that some people believe that natural cleanses are superior to other types of toxin removal. For instance, it may be beneficial to do a natural cleanse since it only involves natural foods and drinks rather than medications or other procedures. This is meant to ensure that the liver experiences a purer cleanse and that no toxins or other unnatural substances are left in the body.
Keep in mind that while these diets may help you feel better, there isn't a clear scientific association to support their effects or results. However, since most liver cleanses involve eating healthy foods and drinking water, they also shouldn't do any harm to your body either. It's a good idea to talk to your doctor before doing any kind of liver cleanse since it will involve a significant change to your diet. Your doctor can make sure that your body can handle the cleanse and give you advice about completing your cleanse safely and successfully.
Natural Detox Options
There are a number of natural liver cleanse options out there, each of which takes a different approach to toxin removal. However, many of these options can be combined in order to create a more comprehensive detoxification of the liver. Here are a few of the most popular liver cleanses today:
1. Cut out all coffee, alcohol and cigarettes. While this is a liver cleanse that is sometimes done on its own, it is also commonly utilized as a first step towards more intensive cleanses. Cutting out these substances, particularly cigarettes and alcohol, can be very beneficial to the liver.
2. Add flaxseed into your diet. Flaxseed is a plant food associated with many great health benefits. One of the greatest advantages of including this food in your diet is its antioxidant properties, which can help to get rid of excess toxins. One popular cleanse with flaxseed consists of drinking ground flaxseed in a glass of water each night before going to sleep.
3. Drink lemon juice. If you are thinking about doing a natural cleanse, it's likely that one of the ideas you will hear first is to incorporate lemon juice in your diet. That's because lemon juice can help your stomach digest your food more thoroughly, keeping unwanted toxins out of your bloodstream. As a side effect, it keeps the liver from having to filter out toxins which could consequently cause damage to the body. Lemon juice also has great antioxidant properties thanks to its vitamin C content. Additionally, lemon juice may be helpful in preventing and getting rid of gallstones. To do a lemon juice cleanse, you can add it to water that you are drinking or combine it with olive oil and Epsom salts before ingesting it.
4. Consume milk thistle. Milk thistle is a great food to incorporate when it comes to liver health. Among its many benefits are its ability to protect liver cells while also promoting their growth and preventing oxidation. Milk thistle has also been used for hundreds of years to help treat chronic liver disease. This cleanse can be done on its own but, like cutting out coffee, alcohol and cigarettes, it can also be one part of a detoxification process. Try looking for milk thistle extracts to incorporate in your diet for this cleanse plan.
5. Drink fruit and vegetable juices. While many cleanse options focus on filtering toxins out of the liver, not all focus on getting proper nutrition as well. Drinking fruit and vegetable juices will give you the energy and nutrition you need without creating any unwanted digestive burden on your liver. Make sure to choose filtered, organic juices which will contain as few toxins as possible.